Followers

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

New Image Release at The East Wind

Good morning everyone!!  Yesterday I had a stress test .... this was my last clearance before surgery. Now I'm just waiting for the okay. I should have surgery scheduled in the next two or three weeks. When she told me that yesterday the nerves hit me!  So, I meet with the Cardiologist on Thursday and then with the Bariatric Surgeon next Tuesday!  So, we will see!!  I have a lot of mixed feelings... excitement, nervousness, scared! Did I excited?? LOL  I'm really excited.. and really nervous at the same time!  Okay.. enough of that... on to my post :)

Today I am sharing one of the new release images from March for The East Wind. Here is what I have done:









I am trying to use my pencils to get more experience, so I used my pencils for this one. I'm pretty sure I used my Faber-Castell Polychromos on this image. I decided to keep her all pink with a touch of blue and create a Breast Cancer card.. an 'I'm here for you'. I added two types of lace, some thread attached the 'Hope' charm that I found at Michaels in the jewelry section. The two rectangles are cut with Spellbinders dies. I added a few pearls near the sentiment, pink gems around the inner rectangle and stamped the ribbon at the top. I also stamped 'Fight Like A Girl' to the inside of the card. I did a bit of layering on this image; hopefully you can see in the photos well enough.

Challenges:

20 comments:

Jacee said...

A bit cheeky, but a great card, love it!
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Tracy Welham said...

Fab card, and awesome image! Creative Blessings, Tracy x

Chrissy said...

Wacky do..fab image and colouring Susan..love the lace and dies and charm...fabulous card.
I know the feeling of excitement and scared feelings too..hope all goes well for you..take care.

luv CHRISSYxx

Chana Malkah said...

Nicely done, Susan! You used your pencils very well! Thanks for joining us this week here at 613 Avenue Create!
Hugz,
Chana

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

I adore the theme and look of this card! I love how you've included so many clever details that support the cause and your girl here seems full of confidence and power to "fight like a girl!" Love that and love when we can support each other through hard gut-wrenching things in this life. Kudos to you on an amazing job! I'm so glad you shared it with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Sue said...

Great card! thanks for joining us at Crafty Calendar hugs Sue DT xx

N-Eva said...

A very pretty card Thank you for sharing your wonderful project with us at Come And Get It challenge.Neva

Billie A said...

Cute card. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments.

Crafty Judith said...

Fabulous and thank you for joining us at Suzy Bee's Bloomin Challenge xxx

La Papera Gialla said...

Thanks for entering our Not Just Cards Challenge and Happy Easter!
Monica - DT

chanya13 said...

Beautiful card, love colours combo !!! Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion Challenge!!! I hope you get to join us again for our next challenge. Agnieszka DT

Anonymous said...

interesting theme, thanks for joining Craft Your Passion Challenge this week, hope you will join us again :))

Kasia, Craft Your Passion DT
www.artekatie.wordpress.com

Deonna B said...

Gorgeous card! I love all of the dimension! Thank you for sharing your work with us at TTCRD this week. Come and join us again tomorrow for our new Anything Goes challenge. You can visit me at: ialwayslovetomakecards.blogspot.com

Marja B. said...

Your coloring is gorgeous! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Simply Create Too!

Hugs, Marja
Simply Create Too DT

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love what you have done with this saucy girl. Good luck with the surgery. Thank you for joining us at Digitally Sweet Challenges! Hope to see you again

Julie said...

Very sexy. Thanks so much for joining us at Aud Sentiments
Julie T

Scrappy Scatty said...

lovely card
Thank you for joining us this time at Polkadoodles use a die
xx

chanya13 said...

Fabulous creation with lovely colors and design. Thanks for sharing with us at Polkadoodles Challenge. Agnieszka DT

Alyx said...

Fab card. Thank you for joining us over at the Scribble and Scrap Challenge. Good luck.
xx

Melanie said...

A lovely card!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "Anything Goes” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT Penny's Paper Crafty Challenges)
(DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)
(DT Come and Get It)
(GDT Kreativzeit Challenges)