Monday is the first day of school! I can't believe it, although I think three months out of school is a bit long. A bit long for the kids to be sitting in their rooms at home. I'm glad they are heading back. Bailey tries out for the Junior Volleyball team on Sunday late afternoon. Michael is going tubing with the church youth group on Sunday and they both went bowling last night with the church youth group. It has been busy the last month or so!
And work... well... work is not a happy place. Everyone is on edge and unhappy and stressed. We have a VP that holds the managers jobs over there heads all the time. He runs them down in front of their colleagues. It is just a bad atmosphere right now. You can see the managers are just worn down and miserable. You can see it on their face and in their attitudes. It really makes for a bad atmosphere at work. Morale is way down in this office. It is sad.
Okay.. enough of my stuff LOL On to the fun stuff! Today is a new challenge at Meljen's Designs. We are on Challenge #221 and the challenge is Colorful Cardstock.
I decided I wanted to make a cute little 4 set of Twinchies. So, they are 2 inches square, all summer timed themed, all made with scrap cardstock. I used several different images to create this cute little set. I used: Yummy Popsicle, Shaken Not Stirred, Summer Time Sandals and Summer Sun. I colored these all with my Copic markers and decoupaged just a bit of each. On the Yummy Popsicle I layered the orange and green cardstock and added hand drawn stitching with my white pen. I also did the same on the inside. I popped the orange Popsicle above the stick as well. For Shaken Not Stirred, I used light blue and green cardstock. I layered the glass the umbrella, the straw and the charm and I added Diamond Glaze to the glass to give it that shine of glass. I added the threaded twine on the side and then on the opposite side I added the row of green gems. For the inside I layered the cardstock and added a strip of twine to match the front. For the third card, Summer Time Sandals, I layered the top sandal and then the strap and flowers. I added a little bit of stickles to center of the flowers. I doodled around the edge of the card, added two additional flowers and a little bit of puff paint in the corners. I also added the red puff paint to the inside.The blue layer on the outside and the red layer on the inside also have a bit of distressing to their edges. For the final card using Summer Sun, I popped the center of the sun and then the glasses. I added a little bit of Diamond Glaze to the glass of the sunglasses and then I added the twine bow at the bottom. I distressed the outside yellow layer and the inside pink layer on this card. I also added a strip of matching twine to the inside of this card. There are no sentiments on these. I thought it would be a cute summer set that you could write anything on. So there you have it :) That is what I came up with for my contribution to the Colorful Cardstock creations! I can't wait to see what you come up with!!
Copic Markers Used:
- July Photo Inspiration @ Catch The Bug Challenge Blog.
- Challenge #39: Anything Goes @ Suzy Bee's Bloomin' Challenge Blog.
- It's A Small World @ Anything But A Card.
- Challenge #29: Anything Goes @ Crafting From The Heart.
- Summer Holidays @ Crafty Boots Challenges.
- Challenge #126: Summer Lovin' @ Love To Create Challenge Blog.
- J is for ... Jewels @ Simon Says Stamp and Show.
- TPE261: Anything Goes @ The Pink Elephant.
- Challenge #29: Anything Goes @ Crafty Sentiments Designs.
- Challenge #46: Anything Goes @ Fan-Tastic Tuesday Hip To Be Square.
- Challenge #84: On The Beach @ Ruby's Rainbow.
- July 29-August 4: Anything Goes @ Through The Craft Room Door.
- Anything Goes @ Divas By Design.
- IIC #170: Anything Goes @ Inky Impressions Challenges.
- Challenge #188: Anything Goes @ Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges.
- Anything Goes @ The Paper Shelter Challenge Blog.
- Challenge #143: Anything Goes @ Word Art Wednesday*
- Challenge #11: Anything Goes @ Art By Miran Challenge.
- Challenge #44: Anything Goes @ Creative Fingers Challenge Blog.
- Challenge #83: Summer Colors @ Deep Ocean Challenge Blog.
- DCC730: Sparkle, Glitter or Bling @ The House That Stamps Built Designer Choice Challenges.
- August Anything Goes @ Crafting By Designs.
- Challenge #4: Anything Goes @ Crafting At The Weekend.
- Challenge #74: Anything Goes @ The Crafter's Cafe Challenge Blog.
- Anything Goes @ 4 Crafty Chicks.
- Bling It On! @ Delightful Challenges.